Tuesday, December 2, 2008

And Thanks For All the Fish!




We had a great Thanksgiving with Colton and Hunter home, and Rachon, Jared and Max coming to visit for several days. We went to the zoo at night and watched all of the people marvel at how cute and happy Max was stumbling around the zoo. Gina and I took Rachon and Jared to a Coyotes hockey game, which was fun - especially since we won. Afterwards we ate Japanese food.

Thanksgiving day was huge. I made a mince meat and an apple pie, but the best menu item was Wayne's sausage stuffing. I could hae eaten all of it - in fact, I almost did. All of the young cousins had a blast playing together. Summer remembered that I used to jump with her on the trampoline so she got me jumping with her and about wore me out.

The next day, we went to the arboretum (plant zoo) outside of Superior, AZ. It was the most crowded I have ever seen it. Max had a blast running around and it was just a perfect day for a little hike. As a grandpa now, I think I figured out why grandparents like their grandkids so much. I think it's because it wasn't too long ago we remember their parents as teenagers and so the contrast to such a loving, humble, always happy, undemanding child is such a contrast to the typical teen.

2 comments:

M said...

you forgot about seeing me too :(

Rachon & Jared to the Max said...

hey come on I wasn't that bad of a teenager. it could have been a lot worse. oh and the comment about Max being undamanding, we are talking about the same child here, right?